After almost two years of public development (and another year behind the scenes), we are proud to announce our first point release of Kali Linux – version 1.1.0. This release brings with it a mix of unprecedented hardware support as well as rock solid stability. For us, this is a real milestone as this release epitomizes the benefits of our move from BackTrack to Kali Linux over two years ago. As we look at a now mature Kali, we see a versatile, flexible Linux distribution, rich with useful security and penetration testing related features, running on all sorts of weird and wonderful ARM hardware. But enough talk, here are the goods:
- The new release runs a 3.18 kernel, patched for wireless injection attacks.
- Our ISO build systems are now running off live-build 4.x.
- Improved wireless driver support, due to both kernel and firmware upgrades.
- NVIDIA Optimus hardware support.
- Updated virtualbox-tool, openvm-tools and vmware-tools packages and instructions.
- A whole bunch of fixes and updates from our bug-tracker changelog.
- And most importantly, we changed grub screens and wallpapers!
apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade