FBCacheView is a simple tool that scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome), and lists all images displayed in Facebook pages that you previously visited, including profile pictures, images uploaded to Facebook, and images taken from other Web sites. For every Facebook image, the following information is displayed: URL of the image, Web browser that was used to visit the page, image type, date/time of the image, visit time, image file size, and external URL (For images taken from another Web site).
System Requirements And Limitations
- This utility works in any version of Windows, starting from Windows XP and up to Windows 8. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- The following Web browsers are supported: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, and Google Chrome. Opera is not supported because it stores the JPEG images in Webp format.
- FBCacheView won’t work if you configure your Web browser to clear the cache after closing it.
- It’s recommended to close all windows of your Web browser before using FBCacheView, to ensure that all cache files are saved to the disk.
Start Using FBCacheView
FBCacheView doesn’t require any installation process or additional DLL files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file – FBCacheView.exe
After running it, FBCacheView begins to scan the cache of your Web browser and displays the list of all images loaded from Facebook Web pages. You may need to wait up to a few minutes until the scanning process is finished. After the scanning process is finished, you can also watch the image in the lower pane of FBCacheView, by selecting the desired item in the upper pane.
If from some reason FBCacheView fails to detect the cache of your Web browser properly, you can go to ‘Advanced Options’ window (F9), and choose the desired cache folders to scan for each Web browser.
- URL:The URL of the image on Facebook.
- Web Browser:The Web browser that stores the specified Facebook image file in the cache.
- Image Type:The type of the image: Profile image, uploaded image, or external image taken from another Web site. For ‘External Image’ type, the original URL of the image is displayed on ‘External URL’ column.
- Image Time:The date/time of the image as returned by the Web server of Facebook. This column usually represents the time that the image was uploaded to Facebook.
- Browsing Time:The last time that the specified Facebook image was loaded by your Web browser.
- File Size:The file size of the image.
- Filename:The full path of the image filename in the cache of your Web browser.
- External URL:Displays the original URL of the image (Only for external images)