The swiss army knife of PDF Analysis Tools. Based on peepdf – http://peepdf.eternal-todo.com.
Interactive Console: Type “help” to get a list of commands. Type “help [command]” to get a description/usage on specific command.
- crackpw This executes Nacho Barrientos Arias’s PDFCrack tool by performing an OS call. The command allows the user to input a custom dictionary, perform a benchmark or continue from a saved state file. If no custom dictionary is input, this command will attempt to brute force a password using a modifiable charset text file in directory “ParanoiDF/pdfcrack”. (http://pdfcrack.sourceforge.net/)
- decrypt This uses an OS call to Jay Berkenbilt’s “QPDF” which decrypts the PDF document and outputs the decrypted file. This requires the user-password. (http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/)
- encrypt Encrypts an input PDF document with any password you specify. Uses 128-bit RC4 encryption.
- embedf Create a blank PDF document with an embedded file. This is for research purposes to show how files can be embedded in PDFs. This command imports Didier Stevens Make-pdf-embedded.py script as a module. (http://blog.didierstevens.com/programs/pdf-tools/)
- redact Generate a list of words that will fit inside a redaction box in a PDF document. The words (with a custom sentence) can then be parsed in a grammar parser and a custom amount can be displayed depending on their score. This command requires a tutorial to use. Please read “redactTutorial.pdf” in directory “ParanoiDF/docs”.
- removeDRM Remove DRM (editing, copying etc.) restrictions from PDF document and output to a new file. This does not need the owner-password and there is a possibility the document will lose some formatting. This command works by calling Kovid Goyal’s Calibre’s “ebook-convert” tool. (http://calibre-ebook.com/)