DomainHostingView is a utility for Windows that collects extensive information about a domain by using a series of DNS and WHOIS queries, and generates HTML report that can be displayed in any Web browser.
The information displayed by the report of DomainHostingView includes: the hosting company or data center that hosts the Web server, mail server, and domain name server (DNS) of the specified domain, the created/changed/expire date of the domain, domain owner, domain registrar that registered the domain, list of all DNS records, and more…
- DomainHostingView is a Unicode application and this it can display properly WHOIS records containing non-English characters.
- DomainHostingView supports Internationalized domain names (IDN). When you type a domain with non-English characters, DomainHostingView automatically converts it into a format that can be used in the WHOIS and DNS servers.
- DomainHostingView parses the text returned by the WHOIS servers, extracts the important data, and displays it in easy-to-read summary.
- DomainHostingView also displays the raw text returned by the WHOIS servers, with a small enhancement – every http link is displayed as clickable link that opens the Web page in a new window.
Start Using DomainHostingView
DomainHostingView doesn’t require any installation process or additional dll files. In order to start using it, simple run the executable file – DomainHostingView.exe
Below the menu and the toolbar of DomainHostingView, you should type the domain that you want to inspect, and then click the ‘Go’ button or press F9. Be aware that you should type only the domain name, without the www prefix of the Web site.
After you pressed F9, you should wait 2 – 15 seconds to collect the information about the specified domain. When DomainHostingView finishes to collect the domain information, the report is displayed on the main window, and you can use the ‘Save HTML Report’ to save the report into a file.
About The Domain Report of DomainHostingView
Here’s the description of every section in the report of DomainHostingView:
Summary Information:In this section, you get a summary of the information extracted from the DNS and WHOIS queries:
Be aware that some of the above fields will be displayed only for some of the domains.
- Domain is registered with… Specifies the domain registrar that registered the domain (Like GoDaddy, NetworkSolutions, and others)
- Domain is registered to…The owner of the domain. If the domain is protected by privacy service, DomainHostingView specifies that the name you see is not the real domain owner.
- Web site is hosted by…Specifies the name of the hosting company or data center that hosts the Web site of this domain.
Mail Server is hosted by…Specifies the name of the hosting company or data center that hosts the mail server of this domain. For some domains, Web site and mail services are hosted in the same server, while others use different hosting companies for Web site and email services.For example, there are many companies that use the Gmail service of Google to send and receive all their emails, while their Web site is hosted in another hosting company.
- Domain Name Server (DNS) is hosted by…Specifies the name of the hosting company or data center that hosts the DNS server of this domain. For some domains, the Web site and DNS server are hosted in the same company, while others use a separated DNS hosting service
- Domain was created on…Specifies the date that the domain was created.
- Domain was last updated on…Specifies the date that the domain was updated.
- Domain expires on…Specifies the date that the domain expires.
- Web site is hosted on…Specifies whether the Web site is hosted on Linux/Unix or Windows server. (In order to get this information, DomainHostingView sends a simple HTTP query to the server, and parses the server response)
- DNS Records:In this section, you get a table with all major DNS records (MX, A, NS, SOA) that can be extracted from the specified domain. For every IP address found in the other DNS records, DomainHostingView also extract the PTR record (Reverse DNS lookup)
- Subdomains:This section won’t be displayed for most of the domains, because most DNS servers block the ability to extract the Subdomains of a domain. If DomainHostingView manages to extract the Subdomains list from the DNS server, it’ll be displayed in a simple table with the IP address and Subdomain string.
- IP Addresses Information:This section provides a table with IP addresses information of the hosting company or data center that hosts the Web site, the mail server, and the domain name server.
- Raw Domain Information:This section provides the raw text returned from the WHOIS query of the domain.
- Web Server IP Address Information:This section provides the raw text returned from the WHOIS query of the Web server IP address.
- Mail Server IP Address Information:This section provides the raw text returned from the WHOIS query of the mail server IP address.
- Name Server IP Address Information:This section provides the raw text returned from the WHOIS query of the domain name server IP address.